About National Business Aviation Association and Scholarship
The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) offers the Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship for undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in business aviation management. This scholarship was established in honor of Alan H. Conklin, a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and a pioneer in commercial aviation for over 60 years, and Bill de Decker, a recognized figure in the business aviation industry. Conklin and de Decker founded Conklin & de Decker, an aviation information company known for providing data on aircraft operating costs and performance.
The scholarship, initially created in memory of Al Conklin, was later renamed in recognition of Bill de Decker’s contributions to the industry. It is awarded annually to one undergraduate student enrolled in an aviation management program at a two- or four-year university. The scholarship provides financial support of up to $5,000 for the academic year, with the funds payable directly to the recipient’s institution.
Details about Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: NBAA Charities and Jet Support
- Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
- Number of awards: Not specified
- Study level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution(s): National Business Aviation Association, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship To be eligible for the Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship at the National Business Aviation Association, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Be an undergraduate student at a two- or four-year university, preferably at the sophomore level or higher, studying full-time in an aviation management program.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Provide the required application documents, including an essay, resume, one signed letter of recommendation, and an unofficial transcript.
Application Process for Al Conklin and Bill de Decker Business Aviation Management Scholarship To apply for this scholarship, follow these steps:
- Log in or register on the NBAA Charities scholarship application platform: Application Portal.
- Fill out the application form and provide the necessary information.
- Write a statement of no fewer than 500 words outlining your professional aspirations in business aviation.
- Submit a copy of your transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Include a recent one-page résumé that includes your home address.
- Provide two letters of recommendation. One of these letters must be from a professor in the aviation department of the university where you are currently enrolled.
- Ensure that NBAA Charities receives your complete application package, including the essay, transcript, résumé, and letters of recommendation, by August 13, 2023.
For more information and to access the application portal, you can visit the NBAA Charities Scholarship Page.
Application Deadline: August 13, 2023