About AAUW International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
Since 1917, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) has been offering International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students. These fellowships are designed to empower women who are members of Graduate Women International and support their pursuit of graduate and postgraduate studies in the United States. AAUW believes in the potential of women to make a significant impact on society, and these fellowships aim to facilitate their academic and professional growth.
Benefits of AAUW International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students
The AAUW International Fellowships provide financial support to recipients, including:
- Dependent child care assistance.
- Funding for travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars (up to 10% of the fellowship total).
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000.
- Doctoral: $25,000.
- Postdoctoral: $50,000.
- Coverage of educational expenses.
- Living expenses support.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW International Fellowships
To be considered for the AAUW International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. or citizenship in a country other than the U.S. (U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or dual citizens are ineligible).
- Possess an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree, completed by November 15, 2022.
- Be committed to dedicating the entire fellowship year to the proposed academic program.
- Intend to complete their education in their home country and pursue a professional career there.
- Demonstrate effective English language skills through specified English proficiency tests, transcripts from English-speaking institutions, or a written declaration that English is their first language.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must have submitted applications by November 15, 2023, to accredited U.S. institutions for the fellowship year.
- Postdoctoral candidates must hold a research-focused doctorate (Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or M.F.A.) and indicate the location of their study by November 15, 2023.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must enroll at a U.S. institution accredited by the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
- Special consideration is given to applicants living in their home country, hailing from developing or emerging nations, or belonging to underrepresented groups.
Application Process for AAUW International Fellowships
Interested and eligible candidates should complete the online application through the American Association of University Women (AAUW) website. Please note that merit-based admission is highly competitive, with an acceptance rate varying from 2% to 8% by region.
Timeline for AAUW International Fellowships
- Application deadline: November 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Western Standard Time.
- Decision notifications sent via email: April 15, 2023.
- Fellowship year: July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024.
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowships
To apply for AAUW International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students, visit the American Association of University Women (AAUW) application portal. In case of technical issues or support needs, contact [email protected]. When prompted for a program key, use “AAUW-IF.”
Don’t opt out of communications from ISTS to ensure you receive crucial updates from AAUW.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for applications is November 15, 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to further your education and career goals in the United States with the support of AAUW International Fellowships for Graduate and Postgraduate Students. Apply now!