About the Institution and Scholarship
Newton Education Services is a leading provider of educational consulting and services in Egypt and the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. They offer support to academic institutions, financial organizations, government entities, and private clients. Newton’s services include student counseling, scholarship administration, test-prep classes, university recruiting, and consultant services. Founded in 2013 by alumni from prestigious institutions such as Thunderbird, Harvard, and the American University in Cairo, Newton Education Services is committed to facilitating educational opportunities for students.
The Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services and funded by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. It provides fully funded opportunities for Egyptian nationals to pursue a master’s degree in Development Practice (MDP) at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
Details about Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Newton Education Services
- Scholarship Value: Fully funded
- Number of awards: Not specified
- Study level: Masters
- Host Institution(s): University of Minnesota, USA
- Course: Master of Development Practice (MDP)
Eligibility Criteria for Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship To be eligible for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have Egyptian nationality and reside in Egypt (applicants with multiple nationalities will not receive priority).
- Agree to provide documentation of their financial situation.
- Commit to working for at least two (2) consecutive years in Egypt’s development sector after completing the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English. Test scores for TOEFL or IELTS must be within two years of the start of the graduate program. Minimum required scores are 7 (IELTS with a minimum of 7 in each section) or 100 (TOEFL internet-based with a minimum of 22 in each section).
- Prior coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- While there are no specific academic prerequisites, applicants with a strong liberal arts education and excellent mathematical and analytical skills are preferred.
- Financial need, academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and social conduct will be considered during the selection process.
- Have a strong background in both academics and the workforce.
- Meet the entrance criteria of the MDP academic program.
- Provide evidence of at least two years of work experience in the development sector.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a related field of study from an accredited university.
- Complete the 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years.
- Participate in an 8-10 week summer field experience during the program.
- Commit to working in Egypt’s development sector for a minimum of two years after graduation.
- Completed application form with a personal statement.
- Copy of a valid passport’s ID page.
- Copy of the National ID.
- A copy of the guarantor’s national identification card (the person who signs the contract with the approved student, which can be a parent, sibling, etc.).
- Updated resume.
- Transcripts for both undergraduate and graduate degrees (if applicable).
- TOEFL, IELTS, and Duolingo scores.
- Two recommendation letters.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from the current employer, along with a pay stub. In case of unemployment, a bank statement is required.
Application Process for Newton Education Services Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Applicants should follow these steps to apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship:
- Log in or register on the scholarship application portal here.
- Ensure that you provide all required documents in their respective sections.
- Follow the application instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of your application.
- Complete all sections of the application with accurate and complete information.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2023
For more information and to access the application portal, visit here.