About the Scholarship:
Victoria University Of Wellington is currently inviting applications for the partially funded Wellington Masters By Thesis Scholarship, which aims to support postgraduate research for exceptional students pursuing a Master’s degree.
About Victoria University Of Wellington and Scholarship:
Victoria University Of Wellington, a renowned and internationally recognized institution, is located in New Zealand’s capital city. The university offers a diverse range of programs across various fields, including arts, sciences, business, law, and engineering. It is highly regarded for its academic excellence and research-led teaching, emphasizing creativity, critical thinking, and practical application of knowledge.
Studying at Victoria University provides an enriching experience for international students. The university values cultural diversity, fosters a welcoming atmosphere, and provides state-of-the-art facilities, libraries, research centers, and collaborative spaces. It actively promotes cross-cultural exchanges and offers comprehensive support services to ensure a smooth transition and a successful academic journey for international students.
The Wellington Masters By Thesis Scholarship offers the following benefits:
- A tax-free stipend of $15,000 for one year.
- Tuition fee coverage (applies to domestic fees for 120 points only).
Recipients will receive the scholarship stipend for the entire one-year period in which they are enrolled in their thesis course. Payments will be made in monthly installments, and tuition fee payments will be coordinated by the Scholarships Office directly with the University.
Eligibility Criteria for Victoria University Of Wellington Masters By Thesis Scholarship:
- Open to all nationalities of international students.
- Applicants must either meet the eligibility requirements at the time of application or be eligible by the start of Trimester 2 the following year.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a Master’s program with a minimum 90-point thesis requirement. This can be the thesis course that counts for 90 points or more in the second half of a two-year Master’s degree program or a one-year Master’s program.
- Students pursuing a portfolio course of 90 points or more (as long as it complies with the University’s requirements for a Master’s by Thesis) are also eligible. However, this scholarship is not available for students taking a 60-point dissertation course.
- Ideally, applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s degree or the first phase of a Master’s degree from an accredited New Zealand university, demonstrating academic achievement equivalent to a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 7.0. The University Research Scholarships Committee may set a higher criterion if the number of applicants exceeds the available funding.
Application Process for Victoria University Of Wellington Masters By Thesis Scholarship:
All scholarship applications must be submitted through the Community Force portal. To be considered, applicants must complete the online application in its entirety by the specified closing date. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Additional information, including references, must also be submitted by the application deadline.
Applications typically become available one month before the closing date. If there is no application link on the website, please check back closer to the deadline. For any inquiries, you can contact the Scholarships Office.
For further details and to access the online application, you can visit the official website.
The application deadline for the Victoria University Of Wellington Masters By Thesis Scholarship is November 1, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to visit the official website for the most up-to-date information and specific application guidelines.