About the Scholarship:
The Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards aim to provide financial support and academic recognition to outstanding students pursuing a Master’s degree at Auckland Law School in New Zealand. These awards are designed for academically exceptional individuals interested in pursuing a Master of Laws (LLM), Master of Legal Studies (MLS), or Master of Taxation Studies (MTaxS) at Auckland Law School.
About Auckland Law School:
Auckland Law School is one of the eight faculties within the University of Auckland, located on the City Campus. It is renowned for its excellence in legal education and research, ranking first in New Zealand and fifty-first globally in the QS World University Rankings for 2020. Auckland Law School offers a wide range of specializations, including environmental law, human rights law, public law, and business law.
The Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards are intended to provide significant financial assistance to the recipients. Each year, five qualified applicants, whether from abroad or within New Zealand, will be awarded a $10,000 Auckland Law School Postgraduate Award.
Selection Procedure for Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards:
The Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards will be awarded based on the recommendation of a selection committee, with the Dean of Law (or their representative) making the final decisions. Selection will be primarily based on academic excellence.
- Awarded students must meet all the admission requirements for one of the University of Auckland’s postgraduate law degree programs to accept the Award offers.
- Awardees are expected to enroll in classes and commence their studies in the semester following the award of the Postgraduate Law Award.
- In exceptional cases, the Dean of Law may grant candidates permission for a delayed start date.
Application Documents for Scholarship:
Applicants must submit the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- Copies of official university transcripts, including all completed course grades. Successful applicants must submit hard copies of their transcripts before the awards are confirmed.
- A recent resume including the names and contact information of two academic references.
- A cover letter.
- The scholarship cannot be held concurrently with another University of Auckland Masters, Honours, or PGDip Scholarship, or any other award or grant unless the rules of that other award or grant permit it, and approval is granted by the Dean of Auckland Law School (or nominee).
- Award recipients are not allowed to transfer credits from other universities into the postgraduate program in which they are enrolled.
Application Procedure for Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards:
To apply for the award, applicants should send an email to:
Attention: Executive Assistant to the Dean
Email: [email protected]
Official website: Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards
The application deadlines for the Auckland Law School Postgraduate Awards are January 30th and June 30th of each academic year. Applicants are encouraged to visit the official website for the most up-to-date information and specific application guidelines.