About the Scholarship:
The Pre-Registration Health Scholarships offered by Glasgow Caledonian University provide an excellent opportunity for students to manage their finances while pursuing a master’s degree. Glasgow Caledonian University administers these scholarships. Both domestic and international students can apply for these scholarships to pursue a master’s degree in one of the full-time programs commencing in January 2024.
About Glasgow Caledonian University:
Glasgow Caledonian University, often referred to as Caledonian or GCU, is a public institution located in Glasgow, Scotland. The university was formed in 1993 through the merger of Glasgow Polytechnic, established in 1991, and The Queen’s College, Glasgow, founded in 1875.
In 2013, the university’s partner school in New York became the first foreign university-affiliated institution to be granted authority to confer degrees in the state. The university has its roots in The Queen’s College, Glasgow, established in 1875, and the Glasgow College of Technology, founded in 1971. The college was named after Queen Elizabeth as part of its centenary celebrations in 1975.
Queen Elizabeth has been the college’s patron since 1944. The university offers various programs, including degrees in Optics, Social Sciences, and Nursing. Glasgow Caledonian University is recognized for its research capabilities, ranking as Scotland’s top modern university in research according to the REF 2014 rankings.
With a completion rate of 80.9%, higher than the sector average for Scotland, the university has a strong track record of graduate employment or further study within six months of graduation. In the Times Higher Education 2018 UK Student Experience survey, GCU improved its ranking significantly. The university is involved in various international networks and associations, including the Talloires Network, Florence Network, European University Association, and more.
Glasgow Caledonian University will deduct £9,225 from the successful applicant’s first-year tuition and £1,000 from each subsequent year of study.
- EU students from eligible countries can apply for the Pre-Registration Health Scholarships.
- The scholarship is available for the following Ph.D. programs:
- Pre-Registration MSc in Occupational Therapy
- Pre-registration MSc in Physiotherapy
- Pre-registration Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT)
- Adult Nursing MSc (Pre-registration)
- Pre-Registration MSc Diagnostic Radiography
- Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be international graduate students who have submitted a Ph.D. application.
- Only EU students paying the EU/International tuition fee and who have not received pre-settled or settled status are eligible to apply.
- Interested students must apply for admission to their chosen postgraduate programs online through the university website.
- To apply for the Pre-Registration Health Scholarships, applicants should log in and fill out the scholarship application form on the Glasgow Caledonian University website.
Applicants must provide the following documents:
- Purpose statement
- Reference letter
- Professional and academic credentials
- Transcript of grades
Students must meet the necessary academic qualifications and submit all required documents.
A minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (or equivalent) is required for English language proficiency, with no individual component score below 6.0.
The application deadline for the Pre-Registration Health Scholarships is September 8, 2023.