About the Scholarship:
The University of Birmingham Law School is delighted to announce the availability of scholarships for international students pursuing undergraduate and master’s degrees in law. These scholarships are designed to support outstanding students from around the world in joining the vibrant and diverse academic community at Birmingham Law School.
About the University of Birmingham:
The University of Birmingham, located in Birmingham, England, is a distinguished public research institution with a rich history of academic excellence and innovation. Established in 1900, the university received its royal charter and has since become one of the UK’s leading higher education institutions.
As a founding member of the Universitas 21 global network of research institutions and a member of the prestigious Russell Group of British research universities, Birmingham is recognized for its commitment to research, teaching, and fostering a dynamic learning environment.
With over 23,000 undergraduate and 12,000 graduate students, the University of Birmingham has earned a strong reputation for its academic achievements. In 2017, it achieved a Silver grade in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), highlighting its dedication to high-quality education.
Birmingham is consistently ranked among the top institutions globally and in the UK. It received the title of “Sunday Times University of the Year 2014” in 2013 and was ranked 12th in the UK in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise, with a significant portion of its research considered world-leading.
Details about University of Birmingham Law School Scholarships:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Birmingham/Birmingham Law School
- Scholarship Value: Up to £10,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Bachelor & Masters
- Host Institution: University of Birmingham
Eligibility Criteria for University of Birmingham Law School Scholarships:
To be eligible for the University of Birmingham Law School Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be international students applying for legal undergraduate or master’s programs.
- Not already have an offer of admission from the University of Birmingham.
- Be self-funded applicants.
- Have a formal offer of admission from the university.
In addition, applicants must have:
- Submitted an application for admission to the relevant undergraduate law program through UCAS, using the program page link provided on the University of Birmingham website’s undergraduate law page.
- Completed the LLB and LLB for Graduates Scholarship application form, which can be found here.
- Submitted an essay of up to 2,000 characters (or 300 words) explaining why they deserve the scholarship. The UCAS ID number is a mandatory requirement for the application.
Application Process for University of Birmingham Law School Scholarships:
Interested and eligible candidates are encouraged to complete the application form available here. Detailed information and additional guidelines can be found on the official Birmingham Law School Scholarships website here.
The application deadline for the University of Birmingham Law School Scholarships is August 31, 2023. Prospective students are encouraged to review all requirements and apply before this date to be considered for this valuable scholarship opportunity that can significantly support their legal studies at the University of Birmingham.