About the University Of London and the Canon Collins Educational Trust:
The University of London, a renowned institution with its main campus in London, UK, has a history dating back to 1836. Established by royal charter, it initially functioned as a degree-awarding examination board for students holding certificates from institutions like University College London and King’s College London. Today, it continues to be a globally recognized hub for education and research.
The Canon Collins Educational Trust, on the other hand, has a strong commitment to promoting higher education and leadership development, particularly in Southern Africa. They have provided vital financial support to over 4,000 individuals, focusing on addressing critical issues within Southern African societies through education.
- Scholarship Sponsor: Canon Collins Trust/University of London, UK
- Scholarship Value: Details Below
- Number of Awards: 4
- Study Level: Masters, Postgraduate
- Host Institution(s): University of London, UK
These scholarships are made possible by the University of London’s generous decision to waive the full tuition and examination entry fees for selected recipients. It’s important to note that exam costs in your area are not covered by the scholarship. Scholarship holders pursuing the LLM program can take between one to five years to complete their studies, and their enrollment in the course is contingent upon making adequate progress and receiving positive academic progress reports.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the LLM Masters By Distance Learning Scholarships at the University of London:
- Nationals of one of the following countries, or refugees from these countries: South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Reside in one of the aforementioned countries.
- Possess the necessary qualifications for admission to the program.
- Currently employed on a full- or part-time basis.
- Able to dedicate a minimum of 10 hours per week to their studies.
Before applying, please download and read the guidelines.
Required Documents for Application:
Each applicant is required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Identification document (passport, birth certificate, or driver’s license).
- Academic records (for LLM applicants).
- Degree certificates, school/other credentials, or transcripts (if applying for an LLM).
- Two letters of recommendation from referees.
- Copies of your last two paystubs.
- It is recommended to have a recommendation from your educational institution and a reference from your current employer. If you haven’t attended college and are applying to start at the PG Certificate level, two professional references will suffice.
Applications for the LLM Masters By Distance Learning Scholarships must be submitted through the online form provided by the institution. It is crucial to ensure that all sections of the application form are complete and accurate before submission. Once the application form is submitted, no further changes can be made. Be sure to enter a valid email address, as all communication regarding your application status will be conducted via email. Applicants will be informed of the status of their applications by October 2023.
The submission deadline for the LLM Masters By Distance Learning Scholarships at the University of London is August 23, 2023. Ensure that your application is submitted before this date, as late applications will not be considered. Please refrain from emailing the institution to inquire about your application status.