About the University of Greenwich and the Scholarship:
The University of Greenwich, located in London and Kent, United Kingdom, is a distinguished public institution with a rich history. It has undergone various name changes, including Woolwich Polytechnic and Thames Polytechnic, before becoming the University of Greenwich. The university boasts a main campus at the Old Royal Naval College, an Avery Hill campus, and a satellite campus in Medway, Kent. It offers a wide range of courses in fields such as architecture, business, computers, mathematics, education, engineering, humanities, marine studies, natural sciences, pharmacy, and social sciences. The University of Greenwich has a strong academic reputation, earning a Silver grade from the UK government’s Teaching Excellence Framework.
The University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship is designed for international students interested in pursuing research programs at the institution. The selected candidate(s) will engage in research focused on stochastic lattice Boltzmann equations (LBEs) to investigate mechanistic models of disease spreading, aiming to uncover the relationships between spatially dependent parameters and the transmission of infectious diseases. This project will specifically explore lattice Boltzmann modeling of disease outbreaks, with a focus on understanding the dynamics of infectious diseases like Covid-19.
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Greenwich, UK
- Scholarship Value: £15,285
- Number of Awards: Not stated
- Study Level: Masters and Ph.D.
- Host Institution(s): University of Greenwich, UK
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
To be eligible for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- International students must be eligible to apply.
- The scholarship is available for master’s and Ph.D. research programs in Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Greenwich.
- Non-EU/EEA candidates may require permission from the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS).
- Applicants must submit a Ph.D. research proposal relevant to the field of study.
- Demonstrated ability for independent and analytical thinking, with a capacity for innovative scientific or technological solutions.
- Display qualities such as self-motivation, adaptability, confidence, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- English Language Requirement: Non-native English speakers or applicants from countries where English is not the primary language must provide proof of English language proficiency, with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (across all test-related categories), unless their prior degree was taught in English in a country where English is the majority spoken language (e.g., UK, USA, Australia, or New Zealand).
All applicants for the University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship must submit the following supporting documents:
- Personal statement explaining the motivation for applying for the scholarship and including the scholarship reference number (Ref).
- Research proposal related to the subject matter.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with two references.
- Academic qualification certificates/transcripts and an IELTS/English Language certificate if applicable.
Application Procedure for University of Greenwich Postgraduate Research Scholarship:
Interested candidates must apply for a study spot at the University of Greenwich through the university’s online application portal. Scholarship consideration is automatic for eligible applicants, and no separate application form is required. For detailed information about the application process, please visit the official scholarship website.
Submission Deadline: Not Specified