About the Scholarship:
The University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship offers a financial incentive of £4,500, which is provided as a reduction in your first year’s tuition fees. This scholarship is available to self-financing overseas students from African Union member states pursuing postgraduate education. Applicants for relevant courses will be automatically considered for this scholarship, and awards will be based on the grades achieved in their undergraduate degree.
About the University of Essex:
Located in the English county of Essex, the University of Essex is a public research university established in 1965 by royal charter. The university is known for its emphasis on original research, teaching excellence, and being one of the first universities constructed with plate glass. It has multiple campuses across the county, including Southend-on-Sea and Loughton, with its main campus in Wivenhoe Park. The University of Essex has received recognition and awards for its academic achievements and research excellence.
Recipients of the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship will receive a scholarship worth £4,500, which will be applied as a reduction in their tuition fees.
To be eligible for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Available to international students who are fully self-funded.
- Applicants must be regular residents of one of the African Union’s member states.
- Candidates who have completed relevant secondary or tertiary education in one of the eligible countries may apply.
- The applicant’s undergraduate degree must have been awarded the specified grade or higher.
- The scholarship is open to full-time taught Master’s programs starting in October 2023 or January 2024.
- Applicants must have firmly accepted a place offer by the specified deadlines and met the academic entry requirements.
- Each student is eligible for only one scholarship, and it cannot be used in conjunction with any other University of Essex awards.
- The scholarship covers only the first year of the master’s program at Essex.
- Ghana: 2:1 or a CGPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Nigeria: CGPA of at least 3/5.
- Other African Union members must have a 2:1 or its equivalent as determined by the university’s Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria.
Applicants will be automatically considered for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship if they meet all the qualifying requirements. No additional application documents are needed. The university will determine your eligibility based on your country of residence and fee status, as provided in your application for a place at Essex.
How to Apply:
To apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Scholarship, visit the University of Essex application portal.
For more information, you can visit the University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme page.
The application deadline for this scholarship is September 30, 2023.