About the Scholarship:
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is currently accepting applications for the ELICOS Pathways Scholarships. These scholarships are aimed at international students who wish to pursue undergraduate or master’s degree programs at Edith Cowan University.
About Edith Cowan University:
Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a public university located in Western Australia. It is named in honor of Edith Cowan, who was the first woman to be elected to the Australian parliament. ECU has a history dating back to 1902 when the Claremont Teachers College was founded, making it the descendant of the first higher institution in Western Australia. The university was granted its current title in 1991.
ECU is known for its commitment to sincerity, respect, reason, and doing one’s best. It has evolved into a dynamic and innovative university that has achieved significant accomplishments over the years.
About ELICOS Pathways Scholarships at Edith Cowan University:
The ELICOS Pathways Scholarships program at Edith Cowan University is designed to support international students who want to study undergraduate or master’s degree programs at the university. The scholarship covers the cost of five weeks of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students) for eligible students.
Details about ELICOS Pathways Scholarships at Edith Cowan University:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Edith Cowan University
- Scholarship Value: Cost of five weeks of ELICOS for students
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Undergraduate or Master’s degree program
- Host Institution(s): Edith Cowan University
Eligibility Criteria for ELICOS Pathways Scholarships:
To be eligible for the ELICOS Pathways Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in undergraduate degree programs in any of the university’s academic areas.
- Meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Study on-campus at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus.
- Be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen).
- Receive a scholarship offer to pursue an undergraduate or master’s degree between 2023 and 2024.
- Have not received a CoE (Confirmation of Enrollment) for any course at ECU before January 1, 2023.
- Start studying on-campus at ECU, Western Australia, in Semester Two in 2023, November 2023 (Summer School), or in Semester One or Two of 2024, meeting the course’s academic admission criteria.
- Latin America
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
Application Process for ELICOS Pathways Scholarships:
To apply for the ELICOS Pathways Scholarships, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission to an undergraduate or master’s degree program at Edith Cowan University through the ECU Online Application Portal.
- Once admitted, apply to an ELICOS college that is participating in the scholarship program.
- Prepare and submit the following supporting documents:
- A 300-word study abstract.
- A 2-page research proposal.
- Your resume.
- Academic background and transcripts.
- Citations from any publications or conference papers.
- Meet the English language proficiency requirements:
- IELTS score of at least 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5.
- TOEFL (iBT) score of at least 70 with no score lower than 17.
- PTE-A score of at least 57 with no communicative skill below 50.
- OET score of at least C across all categories.
- Students can visit the admission website at https://www.edithcowancollege.edu.au/admissions-requirements to learn more about the requirements for admission.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are expected to demonstrate a higher level of English proficiency.
- For additional information, contact a participating ELICOS college or email [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this scholarship.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2024