About the Scholarship:
The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is currently accepting applications for the partially funded QUT Excellence Scholarship.
About Queensland University of Technology:
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a public research institution located in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. QUT has two campuses in Brisbane: Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove. The university’s history dates back to 1989 when it became a university under the Queensland University of Technology Act 1988. It subsequently merged with the Brisbane College of Advanced Education in 1990.
In 2020, QUT had a total student population of 52,672, comprising 39,156 undergraduates, 10,390 postgraduates, and 661 non-award students. The university also boasted a workforce of 5,049 full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, generated $1.054 billion in total income, and expended $1.028 billion in total. QUT has received recognition in international rankings, including being named Australia’s best university under the age of 50 by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
About The Queensland University of Technology QUT Excellence Scholarship:
The Queensland University of Technology is offering the QUT Excellence Scholarship to eligible and intelligent individuals interested in enrolling in the university’s degree programs, whether they are local or international students. This scholarship has a maximum value of $30,000, distributed over the course’s entire duration (up to three years, with $10,000 awarded each year). Recipients will receive this scholarship as a study stipend of up to $5,000 following the HECS-HELP census date of each semester. Applicants who wish to enroll in Creative Industries courses that require additional admissions criteria, such as an audition or portfolio, are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Creative Industries courses covered by the scholarship include:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts)
For Creative Industries courses not listed above, applicants may be eligible for the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Creative Industries) or the QUT Excellence Scholarship (Academic).
Details about The Queensland University of Technology QUT Excellence Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Scholarship Value: Up to $30,000
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Bachelor’s degree
- Host Institution(s): Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for QUT Excellence Scholarship:
To be eligible for the QUT Excellence Scholarship for International Students, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply.
- Australian or New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply.
- Long-term residents.
- Individuals with a permanent humanitarian visa.
- International students who completed their high school education through the Australian curriculum (or the International Baccalaureate) abroad.
Additionally, applicants must:
- Be commencing their first year of college in 2023.
- Have listed one of the approved courses in the creative industries as their top choice on their QTAC application.
Application Process for QUT Excellence Scholarship:
Applicants can apply for this scholarship without following any specific application procedures. All candidates who apply for an eligible course will be considered. In addition to the QTAC application, applicants must also meet the specific audition or portfolio criteria as indicated on each course page. For further details, please visit the official website.
Submission Deadline: Not Specified