About the Scholarship:
Flinders University and St Peter’s College are jointly funding the Industry Ph.D. Scholarship, which offers an exciting opportunity for Ph.D. research in the field of integrated athletic development programs and their impact on students’ physical growth in the classroom. The scholarship is valued at $33,000 per year tax-free for up to 3.5 years.
About Flinders University:
Flinders University is a public research university located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was established in 1966 and is named after British sailor Matthew Flinders, who explored and mapped the Australian and South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. Flinders University has a strong commitment to research and innovation.
About St Peter’s College:
St Peter’s College is a prestigious boys’ school in Adelaide, South Australia, with a history of more than 170 years. The college is dedicated to providing an excellent education and fostering the character development of its students through a focus on service, bravery, dedication, and integrity. The integration of athletic development programs into the curriculum is an essential part of the school’s educational philosophy.
Details about Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Flinders University and St Peter’s College
- Scholarship Value: $33,000 per year (tax-free) for up to 3.5 years
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Ph.D.
- Host Institution(s): Flinders University
This scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Financial support of up to $33,000 per year for Ph.D. studies (2023 full-time rate, adjusted annually).
- The opportunity to work on a challenging research project.
- Access to both academic and industrial expertise through joint supervision.
- Practical application of research through an internship at St. Peter’s College.
- Professional and social growth in a collaborative research environment.
- Development of research skills and subject-matter expertise.
Eligibility Criteria for Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian, New Zealander, or permanent resident, or be eligible to obtain an appropriate foreign visa.
- Meet the Ph.D. admission requirements at Flinders University, including holding an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or an equivalent degree (at least at AQF Level 8), or provide evidence of similar research experiences such as peer-reviewed publications or substantial experience as a lead researcher.
- Possess completed postgraduate education in sport and exercise science (Strength & Conditioning) with specific criteria outlined in the scholarship details.
- Have or be willing to obtain a working with children check, a national police criminal history check, and the Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse, and Neglect – Education and Care (RRHAN)-EC training.
- Hold active accreditation from the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association at Level 1 or above.
It is preferred that applicants also have:
- Over six months (or the equivalent of part-time work) of experience coaching strength and conditioning in a school or athletic context.
Application Process for Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
Interested candidates should follow these steps to apply for the Flinders and St Peter’s College Industry Ph.D. Scholarship:
- Fill out the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form (attached to the scholarship announcement).
- Submit the application form, along with any required supporting documents, to Dr. Kym Williams at [email protected].
- For further information about the scholarship opportunity, contact Dr. Ben Haines at [email protected].
Please note that successful applicants must also apply for and be accepted into the HDR program at Flinders University to be eligible for the scholarship.
The scholarship application deadline is July 17, 2023. However, the project lead will assist in determining the start date, and the winning awardee is expected to begin as soon as practical if selected.
For further details, refer to Apply for a Higher Degree by Research.