About Boston University and the Scholarship
Boston University (BU), a prestigious private research institution located in Boston, Massachusetts, has opened applications for its Presidential Scholarship. BU has a rich history dating back to its founding in 1839 by a group of Boston Methodists in Newbury, Vermont. It was later incorporated in Boston in 1869. BU holds membership in the Association of American Universities and the Boston Consortium for Higher Education and is classified as an “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institution.
Despite its historical ties to the United Methodist Church, BU is a nonsectarian university. It is one of Boston’s largest employers, with over 4,000 academic staff members and nearly 34,000 student employees. BU offers a wide range of degree programs, including bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and degrees in fields such as medicine, dentistry, business, and law, across 17 schools and colleges situated in three urban locations.
Boston University is currently accepting applications for its Presidential Scholarship, which is designed to support international students pursuing undergraduate degrees. This scholarship program promotes cross-cultural exchange among students from various countries, enriching the learning environment. Each year, Boston University awards these scholarships to deserving students.
The university attracts students from over 140 countries and offers a comprehensive range of doctoral, graduate, and undergraduate programs. It also hosts researchers from around the world who benefit from the guidance of experienced academics. Boston University is known for its welcoming and inclusive campus environment.
The Presidential Scholarships at Boston University in the United States provide an excellent opportunity for academically accomplished students to excel in their studies while embracing the core principles of international cooperation. Boston University’s mission is to identify individuals facing academic challenges and provide them with the opportunity to pursue higher education. These undergraduate scholarship programs empower students to develop their professional skills and acquire the knowledge necessary to thrive in a competitive job market.
Details about Boston University Presidential Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Boston University
- Scholarship Value: $25,000
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution(s): Boston University
Fields of Study:
- Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
- Arts & Sciences
- Fine Arts
- General Studies
- Global Studies
- Education & Human Development
Eligibility Criteria for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
To be considered for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a consistent position in the top 5% of their high school class.
- Engage in extracurricular activities, including athletics, leadership projects, and community service to enhance their chances of admission. (Specific program requirements may vary.)
- Be an international student.
- Achieve SAT scores above 1500 or ACT scores above 33.
- Demonstrate exceptional extracurricular achievements in their communities and schools.
- Possess a strong academic record.
Applicants must provide specific documents to complete their online application:
- A copy of a current passport.
- English proficiency test results for secondary school diplomas (TOEFL or IELTS scores).
- School Report and Counselor Recommendation form.
- Academic records.
- Application for the program to which you are applying.
Application Process for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
To be considered for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship, applicants must complete the Online Application. To be eligible for the scholarship, students must first gain admission to the university and then submit their supporting documents.
For additional details, you can visit the official website.
The application deadline for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship is December 1st, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to check the specific deadlines for their chosen program on the Boston University website. Keep in mind that candidates for this scholarship must submit their graduate program application by December 1, 2023, or earlier if the school’s usual deadline is sooner.