About the Scholarship:
The University of Melbourne is currently accepting applications for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award. This prestigious award is designed to support Ph.D. and MPhil graduate students at the University of Melbourne who are enrolled through the Faculty of Science. The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who have submitted their theses for review and are awaiting the review decision.
About the University of Melbourne:
The University of Melbourne, founded in 1853, is Australia’s oldest university and one of the country’s most prestigious institutions. Located in Melbourne, Victoria, it is known for its rich academic history, research excellence, and distinguished alumni. The university consistently ranks among the top universities globally and has made significant contributions to various fields, including science, medicine, economics, and the arts.
The University of Melbourne is affiliated with numerous research institutes and centers, and it has a strong commitment to academic and research excellence. Its diverse academic departments and graduate programs attract students and scholars from around the world.
Details about the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Melbourne, Australia
- Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Ph.D. and MPhil)
- Host Institution: University of Melbourne, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award:
To be eligible for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have submitted your Ph.D. or MPhil thesis for review and are awaiting the review decision.
- Have not received a comparable award.
- Commit to refraining from taking on full-time or significant regular part-time work during the award period (more than 10 hours per week).
- Have submitted your thesis within three years and ten months (FTE) of your candidacy for Ph.D. students or within one year and eleven months (FTE) for MPhil students.
- If the events surrounding COVID-19 caused your submission to be delayed and you missed the deadline, you may explain the impact on your application, and it will be taken into consideration.
- International graduate researchers must commit to spending at least 66% of their writing-up time in Melbourne and must not be planning to return to their native country after submitting their thesis.
Application Process for the Faculty of Science Postgraduate Writing-Up Award:
Application Deadline: December 16, 2023