About the Scholarship:
The University of Queensland is offering the QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship for postgraduate research students with a focus on cardiovascular biology or disease. This scholarship provides additional funding to supplement the primary scholarship awarded by another organization. The QCVRN (Queensland Cardiovascular Research Network) supports eligible members with stipend scholarship funding to advance their research in cardiovascular fields.
Details about the QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Queensland Cardiovascular Research Network/University of Queensland, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: $5,000 per annum.
- Number of Awards: Varies.
- Study Level: Postgraduate Research.
- Host Institution: University of Queensland, Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship:
To be eligible for the QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship at the University of Queensland, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Currently enrolled as a PhD student in a Queensland university.
- Active participant in QCVRN.
- Must not have been working on your PhD for more than one (1) year FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) when receiving the QCVRN Top-Up scholarship.
- Hold a primary scholarship, such as one from a Research Training Program or another scholarship of comparable worth.
- Have a university supervisor who is willing to guide you.
- Focus the majority of your research efforts on Queensland.
Applications will be evaluated based on the quality and relevance of the student’s research project to the field of cardiovascular biology and disease, the applicant’s academic record, and the recommendation letter.
Application Process for QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship:
Applicants should complete the following documents in the application form (Application Form Link):
- 1-page CV.
- A one-page study proposal that details the project’s relevance, specific objectives, research approach, expected outcomes, and research environment.
- Letter of support from a supervisor acknowledging the requirements and providing an overview of their track record.
Note: Submit one document that adheres to the specified formatting requirements. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be considered. Finalists will present their work at the October 2023 QCVRN Research Showcase event, and scholarships will be awarded.
The application deadline for the QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship is July 28, 2023. Ensure you submit your application before this date.
The QCVRN PhD Top-up Scholarship at the University of Queensland is an excellent opportunity for postgraduate research students focused on cardiovascular biology or disease. If you meet the eligibility criteria, prepare your application and ensure it adheres to the specified formatting requirements. Don’t miss the application deadline.