About the Scholarship:
Applications are now being accepted for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry at the University of Sydney. This scholarship opportunity is designed to support international students pursuing a Ph.D. program in the School of Life and Environmental Sciences within the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney. The focus of the research should be on protein design, particularly in modifying the activity of human transcription factors.
About the University of Sydney:
The University of Sydney, often referred to as Sydney University, is a prestigious public research university located in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s oldest university and one of its leading institutions. The university is renowned for its academic excellence and offers a diverse range of programs across various disciplines.
The University of Sydney has a rich history and boasts an impressive list of alumni and faculty members who have achieved international recognition. It has a strong commitment to providing an exceptional educational experience for its students.
Details about International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry at the University of Sydney:
- Scholarship Sponsor: The University of Sydney, The University of Melbourne, and The University of Queensland
- Scholarship Value: $25,000 per annum
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Master’s, Postgraduate, and Research
- Host Institution: University of Sydney, Australia
Eligibility Criteria for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships:
- Eligible Nationalities: Open to students from all countries.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Candidates must be pursuing a Ph.D. program within the School of Life and Environmental Sciences at the University of Sydney.
- Admission Requirements: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be enrolled as international students, hold an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled full-time in a Ph.D. program at the University of Sydney’s School of Life and Environmental Sciences.
- Specialized Knowledge: Applicants should have a background in protein biochemistry and biophysics, with a particular focus on DNA-binding proteins.
Application Procedure for International Postgraduate Research Scholarships:
Interested candidates must first enroll in a postgraduate research degree program at the University of Sydney to be eligible for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Protein Biochemistry. After receiving an unconditional offer of admission, applicants should complete an online application form.
Supporting documents to be submitted with the application include academic transcripts, a research proposal, curriculum vitae, and a list of publications. It is recommended to compile these documents into a single PDF file to reduce file size.
Applicants are advised to review the entry requirements of their chosen program before initiating the admission and scholarship application process.
Language Requirement: International applicants may need to meet stringent English language proficiency requirements to gain admission to the university.
For further details and to access the online application form, applicants can visit the official website of the University of Sydney.
Application Deadline: July 16, 2023