About the Scholarship:
The University of Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics is offering the Masters Award to provide funding for graduate studies. This award is available to all international applicants who enroll in a full-time master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics starting in September 2023.
About the University of Sussex:
The University of Sussex offers students the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through their education. In addition to its rich tradition of bonfire festivals and a proud musical history, the university is renowned for its research and educational excellence.
Located in Falmer, East Sussex, England, the University of Sussex is a public research institution. Its expansive campus is situated within the municipal boundaries of Brighton and Hove, with easy access to central Brighton, just 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles) away. The campus is surrounded by the South Downs National Park. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961, becoming the first plate glass university of its generation.
The University of Sussex has a diverse community of approximately 20,000 students, with over one-third of them being international students. The university boasts a faculty comprising more than 1,000 professors from over 140 different countries. In the fiscal year 2021–2022, the university had an annual income of £345.2 million, with expenditures totaling £377.4 million.
The University of Sussex will provide a partial fee reduction of £2,000 applied towards international tuition fees. This award will be reflected in the applicant’s Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which is required for a student visa application.
Eligibility Criteria for Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award:
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan.
- Acceptable Course(s) or Subject(s): The Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award is available for full-time postgraduate (taught) programs in the School of Engineering and Informatics, including:
Engineering and Design:
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with a Masters industrial placement) MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- 5G Mobile Communications and Intelligent Embedded Systems MSc
- Advanced Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering MSc
- Engineering Business Management MSc
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc
Computing, Digital Media, and Artificial Intelligence:
- Advanced Computer Science MSc
- Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems MSc
- Computer Science (Conversion) MSc
- Computing with Digital Media MSc
- Management of Information Technology MSc
- Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems (with an industrial placement year) MSc
- Acceptable Standards: To be eligible for the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award, all applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be international students paying fees.
- Must commence a full-time master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics in September 2023.
Application Process for Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award:
- No additional scholarship application is required.
- All international applicants who enroll in a full-time master’s program at the School of Engineering and Informatics starting in September 2023 will automatically be considered for the Sussex School of Engineering and Informatics Masters Award.
- To apply to the University of Sussex, use the postgraduate application system here.
- Supporting documentation may include a personal statement.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the master’s program they have selected.
- Proof of English proficiency is required (standard level on the IELTS Academic test, with an overall score of 6.0 and no component below 5.5).
- Scholarship deadline: September 30, 2023.
- The application deadline for master’s programs is August 1, 2023.