About the Scholarship:
Applications are now open for the UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Queensland. This scholarship is made possible by the Ramsay Centre for Western Civilization and is designed to support students with outstanding academic records who are passionate about making a positive impact on the world. The scholarship is open to students who value intellectual discourse, debate, and the opportunity to learn from others. It seeks individuals who are intellectually curious, innovative, and possess critical thinking skills to question the status quo and explore new horizons. The University is looking for students driven by compassion, a desire to enhance the lives of their communities, and a strong commitment to ethical values.
Details about UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Ramsay Centre for Western Civilisation/University of Queensland, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: $32,000 per year.
- Number of Awards: Multiple scholarships are available.
- Study Level: Undergraduate.
- Host Institution: University of Queensland, Australia.
- Eligible Programs: This scholarship is available for students enrolling in either the joint Bachelor of Humanities (Western Civilization)/Bachelor of Laws (Honors) program or the Bachelor of Advanced Humanities (Western Civilization) (Honors) program.
Eligibility Criteria for UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship:
To be eligible for the UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Queensland, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Have completed their Year 12 studies or will have completed them in the year before submitting their scholarship application.
- Intend to enroll full-time in either the joint Bachelor of Humanities (Western Civilization)/Bachelor of Laws (Honors) program or the Bachelor of Advanced Humanities (Western Civilization) (Honors) program.
- Expect to be admitted to the specified programs based on predicted senior results, any relevant adjustment factors, or special entry pathways.
- Not have been previously enrolled in any tertiary education while pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Be available for a selection committee interview at a date and time determined by the university.
The selection committee will consider the following criteria:
- Academic ability demonstrated by prior grades and honors.
- Written application responses and interview performance in relation to:
- Interest in the issues and ideas that have shaped the world.
- Track record of community service, creativity, and critical thinking skills.
- Qualities of compassion, empathy, and ethical behavior.
- Ability to engage effectively in discussions and debates.
- Desire and capability to make a positive impact on the lives of others and the world.
- The significance of the scholarship opportunity for your personal growth.
- Preference may be given to applicants who can demonstrate that they have faced disadvantages or come from underrepresented backgrounds.
Application Process for UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship:
To apply for the UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Complete the scholarship application form here.
- Prepare the following documents:
- A one to two-page CV highlighting your academic achievements.
- Two references.
- Responses to three questions in the application form (each with a character limit of 1500 characters) that assess your academic aptitude, volunteerism, and suitability for the chosen program of study.
- A statement addressing any disadvantages (if applicable) along with supporting evidence.
- To learn more about the application process and get additional guidance, visit the Western Civilization scholarship advice page here.
- You will receive an email confirmation of application receipt from the university.
- If you haven’t received a response within two days after applying, contact [email protected].
- The application deadline is July 30, 2023.
The UQ Ramsay Undergraduate Scholarship offers a fantastic opportunity for Australian citizens or permanent residents who are passionate about Western Civilization, critical thinking, and making a difference in the world. If you meet the eligibility criteria and share these values, consider applying for this prestigious scholarship to support your undergraduate studies.