About the Scholarship:
The University of Queensland (UQ), one of Australia’s leading universities, is offering the Helen Kay PhD Scholarship for the year 2023. This scholarship, valued at up to $5,000, is dedicated to the memory of Helen Kay, a talented postgraduate research student who was passionate about Australian literature, life writing, and the environment. It has been established by Marie and Alf Berry, Helen Kay’s grandparents, in her honor.
Details about the Helen Kay PhD Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000.
- Number of Awards: Varies.
- Study Level: PhD (Doctoral).
- Host Institution: University of Queensland, Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Kay PhD Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Helen Kay PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a candidate for a higher degree by research (Ph.D. program) actively engaged in research at the School of Communication and Arts at the University of Queensland.
- Applicants should demonstrate to the selection committee that they will submit their thesis for review within three months of receiving the scholarship.
The selection committee will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Whether you will submit your thesis for review by the end of December 2023, while receiving financial aid from the scholarship.
- The level of promise displayed in your research.
- Recommendations from your primary advisor regarding the likelihood of meeting the submission deadline.
- Any other factors deemed appropriate by the selection committee.
Helen Kay PhD Scholarship – Application Process:
To apply for the Helen Kay PhD Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Submit the completed application form to the HDR Liaison Officer in the School of Communication and Arts at [email protected] by the application deadline.
Application Deadlines and Key Dates:
- July 31, 2023: Applications close.
- September 2023: Scholarship awarded.
- December 2023: Scholarship holder to submit a thesis.
The Helen Kay PhD Scholarship offers financial support to doctoral candidates in the field of Communication and Arts at the University of Queensland. If you meet the eligibility criteria and are pursuing research in this area, don’t miss the application deadline for this valuable scholarship opportunity.