About the Scholarship:
The University of Exeter is currently accepting applications for the Broad Reach Scholarship. This scholarship is designed to support academically talented individuals from the UK who may face financial barriers to pursuing a Master’s degree. It offers a financial award of £20,000 to help the recipient with their studies.
Details about the University of Exeter Broad Reach Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Exeter
- Scholarship Value: £20,000
- Number of Awards: One
- Study Level: Masters
- Host Institution: University of Exeter
This scholarship is available for students applying to one of the Business School MSc programs for admission in September 2023. Please note that this award is not available to MRes, PgDip, or Exeter MBA offer holders.
The scholarship is funded by a gift from a Business School graduate. Recipients will be required to provide a written introduction at the start of their program and written updates every six months as part of the financing agreement. There may also be opportunities to meet the donor in person.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Exeter Broad Reach Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Broad Reach Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK national.
- Demonstrate academic excellence and talent.
- Face financial challenges that would otherwise prevent you from attending university.
- Hold an offer for one of the eligible MSc programs at the Business School.
- Note that applicants holding offers for MRes, PgDip, or the Exeter MBA are not eligible for this scholarship.
Selection Process for the Scholarship:
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their ability to demonstrate the following in their statement:
- Academic ambition.
- Future career aspirations.
- A genuine need for the scholarship and how it will support their ambitions.
- A sense of social responsibility.
- Willingness to engage with the Exeter community.
Additionally, academic competence will be considered based on the information provided in the applications and transcripts.
Application Process for University of Exeter Broad Reach Scholarship:
To apply for the University of Exeter Broad Reach Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Complete the online application form. You will need your Exeter student number to submit your scholarship application.
- Prepare the following documents for upload:
- Transcript of your academic records.
- Cover letter.
- Proof of any financial aid you received for your undergraduate education (e.g., scholarships or bursaries, but not copies of your bank records).
- A 300-word personal statement answering specific questions about your aspirations and how the scholarship will impact your life.
The deadline for submitting your application for the University of Exeter Broad Reach Scholarship is July 31, 2023. Make sure to submit your application before the deadline to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.