About the Scholarship:
The Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships are designed to support international students from select Middle Eastern countries who require financial assistance to pursue their undergraduate studies at the University of Essex.
About the University of Essex:
The University of Essex, located in Essex, England, is a renowned public research institution that places a strong emphasis on excellence in teaching and research for the benefit of individuals and communities. Established in 1965, it was among the first institutions to use plate glass architecture. The university is committed to advancing professional knowledge, skills, and competencies and is known for its motto “Thought the harder, heart the keener.”
The University of Essex operates three campuses, with the main campus situated in Wivenhoe Park, and additional campuses in Southend-on-Sea and Loughton. The university has received numerous accolades, including being named University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards in 2018 and achieving a Gold rating for teaching excellence from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) since 2017. It is also recognized as a leading global research-intensive university by the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
Details about Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships at the University of Essex:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Essex
- Scholarship Value: £3,000 as a tuition fee discount
- Number of Awards: One
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution: University of Essex
Eligibility Criteria for Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from the following Middle Eastern countries are eligible to apply: Yemen, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, and Oman.
- Eligible Courses: Applicants may apply for undergraduate degree programs offered by the University of Essex.
- Eligibility Requirements: To be considered for the Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of one of the eligible countries.
- Be commencing their undergraduate studies at the University of Essex in Year 1 in the 2023–2024 academic year.
Application Procedure for Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships:
Candidates will be automatically considered for this scholarship if they meet all the eligibility requirements. No separate application form is required. The University will assess eligibility based on the information provided in the student’s application for admission to Essex, including their country of residence and fee status.
Applicants should submit the following documents to the university:
- Statement of purpose
- Language proficiency transcripts
Candidates must meet the university’s criteria for undergraduate admission and English language proficiency.
Note: Applicants should thoroughly review the terms and conditions of the scholarship before applying or accepting it. The terms and conditions can be downloaded as a PDF from the scholarship page.
Application Deadline: Not specified
Scholarship Link: Middle East Undergraduate Scholarships at the University of Essex