About the Scholarship:
The Sir Ray Tindle International Scholarships for the academic year 2023–2024 are now open, as announced by the University for the Creative Arts (UCA). These scholarships offer talented students the opportunity to pursue undergraduate degrees in media and journalism fields, including BA (Hons) in Journalism & Communications, BA (Hons) in Television Production, and BA (Hons) in Digital Media & Magazine Publishing.
About the University for the Creative Arts:
The University for the Creative Arts (UCA) offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as fine arts, design, media, architecture, fashion, photography, cinema, and performing arts. UCA emphasizes practical learning, real-world projects, internships, and industry partnerships, providing students with valuable connections to the business world.
UCA was established in 2005 through the merger of the Kent Institute of Art and Design and the Surrey Institute of Art & Design, both of which were formed by consolidating local art schools in Surrey and Kent, respectively. It gained university status in 2008 and officially became the University for the Creative Arts. In 2016, UCA merged with the Open College of the Arts.
Up to three recipients of the Sir Ray Tindle International Scholarships will be selected, with each receiving a scholarship worth £1,500 per year for the duration of their program.
- All applicants, regardless of their country of residence, are eligible for the Sir Ray Tindle International Scholarships.
- Eligible Programs:
- BA (Hons) Journalism & Communications
- BA (Hons) Television Production
- BA (Hons) Magazine Publishing and Digital Media
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Strong academic background.
- Justification of financial need.
- Download the application form, complete it, and submit it before the application deadline.
Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Statement of academic standing
- Passport and Visa
- Recommendation letter
Candidates must meet the entry requirements for their chosen program. Specific requirements may vary by country. Applicants can view the list of recognized credentials for each level of the course on the qualifications page.
Applicants must meet one of the following language criteria:
- British IELTSVI: 5.5 in listening, 5.5 in reading, 5.5 in speaking, 5.5 in writing, and 6.0 in total.
- ESOL LanguageCert International SELT-33 (Listening), SELT-33 (Reading), SELT-33 (Speaking), SELT-33 (Writing); Total B2 Communicator Pass
- Pearson Test of English Educational UKVI (PTE): 51 (Listening), 51 (Reading), 51 (Speaking), 51 (Writing), and 51 (Total)
- Trinity College Integrated English Skills (ISE): SELT 59 (Listening), 59 (Reading), 59 (Speaking), 59 (Writing), and 59 (Total) for applicants outside the UK.
The application deadline for the Sir Ray Tindle International Scholarships is June 30, 2023.