About the Scholarship:
The St Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing is currently open for online applications through the University of Sussex. The application period for the academic year 2023 is now underway. This scholarship opportunity is available to students who have secured a place on Sussex’s Strategic Marketing MSc program for the 2023 intake. Dr. Ivo St. Kovachev, a graduate of Sussex University’s Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), is the namesake of this scholarship.
About the University of Sussex:
Why should one consider enrolling at the University of Sussex? Sussex offers students the opportunity to make a difference in the world. With over 20% of its student body coming from countries outside the UK, Sussex is known for its strong commitment to global education.
The University of Sussex is a research-focused public university located in Falmer, East Sussex, England. Much of its campus is situated within the boundaries of Brighton and Hove. Nestled beside the South Downs National Park, its extensive campus provides easy access to central Brighton, just 5.5 kilometers (3.4 miles) away. It was among the first universities in the plate glass university generation and received its Royal Charter in August 1961.
The university has a diverse community of approximately 20,000 students, with just under one-third of its staff being foreign-born and over one-third of its students enrolled in postgraduate programs. With more than 1,000 academics from over 140 different nations, Sussex is truly international. In the fiscal year 2021–2022, the university had an annual income of £345.2 million, with annual expenditures totaling £377.4 million.
In the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, the University of Sussex was ranked 160th globally and 20th in the UK. In 2021, The Sunday Times ranked the university 19th nationally. According to the Complete University Guide, the university was ranked 15th in the UK in 2017. In the 2017 QS World University Rankings, it was ranked 187th globally, and in the 2018 CWTS Leiden Ranking, it was ranked 205th. Sussex was also rated 66th globally for sustainability in the 2016 UI GreenMetric rating.
Details about St Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing at the University of Sussex:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Sussex
- Scholarship Value: £6,597 (partial tuition fee)
- Number of Awards: One scholarship
- Study Level: Masters
- Host Institution: University of Sussex
St Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing – Eligibility Criteria:
- Open to all nationalities, including the United Kingdom
- Acceptable Courses or Subjects: The St. Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing is awarded for a postgraduate marketing degree (MSc).
- Admissible Standards: To be eligible for the St. Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing, candidates must have received and accepted an offer of admission to the Strategic Marketing MSc program. They must also be citizens of the UK or another EU country eligible for ‘Home’ tuition rates. Depending on the course they are applying for, candidates must have at least an undergraduate honors degree with an upper second-class (2:1) or lower second-class (2:2) grade point average (or equivalent).
Application Process for St Kovachev Scholarship in Marketing:
- Start by submitting a master’s application here.
- Applicants must first apply and secure a place on the Strategic Marketing MSc program at Sussex. After accepting an offer, candidates can apply for the St. Kovachev Scholarship here.
- Required Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all of the following documentation:
- Statement of purpose
- Academic diploma
- Academic transcript
- Test results or credentials for English language proficiency
- At least one academic reference from the most recent university or the referee’s contact information if applicable
- Uploaded Curriculum Vitae
- An applicant’s statement is also required.
- Admission Criteria: Prospective applicants should review the information provided on entry criteria for international applicants before beginning an application.
- As all instruction at Sussex is conducted in English, candidates must be proficient in the language. The required English language proficiency level is standard level on the IELTS (Academic) (6.0 overall, with at least 5.5 in each component).
- For inquiries, email the institution at [email protected].
Submission Deadline: July 2, 2023, 23:59.