About the Scholarship:
Applications are currently open for the Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship at the University of Queensland. This scholarship, established in honor of Sir Thomas McIlwraith, a former Premier of Queensland, aims to commemorate his contributions and visionary statesmanship. The scholarship provides financial support to undergraduate students pursuing engineering programs.
About the University of Queensland:
The University of Queensland (UQ), a prestigious public research institution, is located in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, Australia. UQ is recognized for its excellence in education and research and is consistently ranked among the top universities globally. It is a member of esteemed organizations such as edX, the Group of Eight in Australia, and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities.
UQ’s St. Lucia campus, situated southwest of Brisbane’s central business district, is a prominent educational hub. The university boasts a range of top-ranked programs, including its highly acclaimed Master of Business Administration (MBA) program, which is ranked first in Asia Pacific and among the top 10 globally. UQ also excels in various engineering specialties, such as mining and minerals engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, material science and engineering, and electrical and electronic engineering.
Details about Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship at the University of Queensland:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: Equivalent to the annual income from the endowment.
- Number of Awards: Multiple.
- Study Level: Undergraduate.
- Host Institution: University of Queensland, Australia.
- Study Area: Engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship at the University of Queensland, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enroll full-time in one of the approved programs, including Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)/Master of Engineering, or a dual engineering program.
- Have completed at least 48 but no more than 52 units toward an approved program.
The university will consider the following criteria during the selection process:
- Academic achievements.
- Leadership accomplishments.
- Community service and engagement.
- Any other factors deemed relevant by the selection committee for the applicant’s future academic success.
Application Process for Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship:
To apply for the Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Use the online application form.
- Prepare a cover letter, a copy of your résumé, and your most recent mySI-net studies report.
- Refer to the university’s tips for putting together a great application for guidance.
If your application is shortlisted, the school may contact you to arrange an interview. The results of your application will be communicated to you via email.
Application Deadline: August 20, 2023.
The Sir Thomas McIlwraith Engineering Scholarship offers valuable financial support to undergraduate engineering students at the University of Queensland. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your application before the deadline to be considered for this scholarship. For further details, please visit the official scholarship page.