About the Scholarship:
The University of Canterbury in New Zealand is currently accepting applications for the International First Year Scholarship (Offshore). This scholarship is designed to recognize and provide financial assistance to exceptional international students who have completed their studies at a foreign university or the University of Canterbury International College (UCIC) and are commencing an undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury.
About the University Of Canterbury and Scholarship:
The University of Canterbury (UC) is a prestigious public research university located in Christchurch, New Zealand. Established in 1873, UC is the second-oldest university in New Zealand and is known for its excellence in engineering and science programs. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including arts, sciences, business, law, and more.
The International First Year Scholarship (Offshore) at the University of Canterbury offers the following benefits:
- Financial assistance with tuition fees, valued at $15,000.
- Up to seven scholarships will be awarded.
Eligibility Criteria for The University of Canterbury (UC) International First Year Scholarship (Offshore):
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be international students who have paid all tuition fees.
- Cannot be New Zealand or Australian nationals, Australian permanent residents, or hold New Zealand residency class visas.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed an undergraduate degree program at the University of Canterbury through a foreign institution or at the UC International College (UCIC) on or after January 1 of the year before the application year. Secondary-school students from New Zealand are not eligible.
- Must have submitted an application for admission to the university by the application deadline.
- Students who have previously completed a portion of an undergraduate degree program at a New Zealand tertiary institution are not eligible for the scholarship.
Interview Process for The University of Canterbury (UC) International First Year Scholarship (Offshore):
The selection process for this scholarship is based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance.
- Character, indications of leadership potential, and participation in extracurricular activities in the arts, sports, or the community.
- Financial situation.
- Alignment with the University’s strategic goals.
Please note that fewer scholarships may be awarded if there are insufficiently qualified applicants in any given year.
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Recipients must formally accept the scholarship offer within one calendar month after the date of the offer.
- Scholarship recipients agree to their acceptance being published and announced and are willing to participate in university community activities.
- If a recipient’s immigration status changes during the scholarship term and they are no longer eligible for full tuition reimbursement from the university, the scholarship will be withdrawn, and any received funds will be returned to the university.
Application Process for The University of Canterbury (UC) International First Year Scholarship (Offshore):
To apply for this scholarship, you can log in or register for the scholarship through the official portal. For additional details, including specific application guidelines and regulations, you can refer to the scholarship regulations.
For any inquiries related to the application, you can contact the Scholarships Office at [email protected].
The application deadline for The University of Canterbury International First Year Scholarship (Offshore) is October 31, 2023. Interested applicants are encouraged to review the official website for the most up-to-date information and guidelines.