About the Scholarship:
The University of Toronto is currently accepting applications for the partially funded F.W. Minkler Scholarship.
About the University of Toronto:
The University of Toronto (UToronto or U of T) is a public research institution located on the Queen’s Park grounds in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was initially established as King’s College in 1827 and later adopted its current name in 1850 after becoming a secular institution. As a collegiate university, it comprises 11 colleges, each with a high degree of autonomy in institutional matters.
The University of Toronto offers over 700 undergraduate and 200 graduate degree programs. It is one of only two Canadian members of the Association of American Universities and receives the highest annual endowment and research funding of any Canadian university. The university is renowned for its contributions to literary criticism, communication theory, and various academic movements.
In international rankings, UToronto consistently performs well. It ranked 22nd globally and first in Canada in the 2022 Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Ranking), first in Canada and 21st globally in the 2023 QS World University Rankings, and first in Canada and 18th globally in the 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
About The F.W. Minkler Scholarship:
The F.W. Minkler Scholarship is awarded to an exceptional undergraduate student at the University of Toronto who demonstrates outstanding integrity, academic excellence, and a significant impact on the university community. This scholarship is open to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any field. The application deadline for this scholarship is February 1, 2024. The F.W. Minkler Scholarship, valued at $1,000, is partially funded and offered by the University of Toronto. Citizens of any country are eligible to apply.
Details about The F.W. Minkler Scholarship at the University of Toronto:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Toronto, Canada
- Scholarship Value: Partial Funding, $1,000
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution(s): University of Toronto, Canada
Eligibility Criteria for The F.W. Minkler Scholarship:
To be eligible for The F.W. Minkler Scholarship at the University of Toronto, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- The recipient must be eligible to receive the Donald Forster Award as per the recommendation of the Office of Student Awards’ selection committee.
- Full-time students should apply during their second-to-last year of study, while part-time students should apply when they are at a similar stage in their degree program.
- Only one application is needed to be considered for multiple awards.
Application Procedure for The F.W. Minkler Scholarship:
- All in-course awards will be distributed in the Winter term starting in Fall 2023 and Winter 2024. Applicants only need to submit one application.
- The University of Toronto Student Award Application Form can be used to apply for various scholarships. Applicants are advised to review the award requirements before selecting an award.
Notification of Decision:
- Awardees will receive an award letter via email from the University Registrar’s Office approximately one month after the application deadline.
- The award letter will provide details about the award payout and should be saved for future reference.
Submission Deadline: February 1, 2024