About the Scholarship:
The Right Livelihood College (RLC) is offering Workshop Scholarships for students from developing countries. These scholarships aim to provide opportunities for Ph.D. candidates specializing in fields like political science, law, development studies, sociology, geography, or ethnology and conducting research in related topics. The workshop will focus on sustainable agriculture, local livelihoods, and rural development in the Global South.
About Right Livelihood College:
The Right Livelihood College is a network of campuses and centers aimed at training the next generation of global change-makers. It is affiliated with the International Association of Universities (IAU), recognized by UNESCO. The RLC recognizes the crucial role that higher education plays in achieving sustainable development.
The workshop will take place in Bonn from September 25 to September 28, 2023. It will feature Ph.D. candidates, senior professionals, and Laureate Nnimmo Bassey, an “Alternative Nobel Prize” recipient and Director of the Health of Mother Earth Foundation from Nigeria. The workshop will be conducted in English.
- Scholarship Sponsor: Right Livelihood College, Germany
- Scholarship Value: Covers all transportation expenses within Germany, hotel accommodations in Bonn, full meals, and supplies for the workshop.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Masters, Ph.D.
- Host Institution(s): Right Livelihood College, Germany
To be eligible for the Workshop Scholarships for Developing Countries at Right Livelihood College, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Ph.D. candidates from Asia, Africa, and Latin America specializing in fields such as political science, law, development studies, sociology, geography, or ethnology and conducting research related to the workshop’s themes.
- Preference is given to those in the middle or final stages of their Ph.D. studies.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Applications from women are especially encouraged.
To apply for the workshop scholarships, applicants should submit the following:
- An email stating their Ph.D. subject, the institute and school they are attending in Germany, and their departure location to Bonn.
- A CV in the Europass Style.
- An English abstract of their Ph.D. project, not exceeding 300 words.
The submission deadline for the Workshop Scholarships for Developing Countries at Right Livelihood College is July 30, 2023. Applicants who have been selected will be notified by August 8, 2023.