About the Scholarship:
Monash University and Museums Victoria are pleased to announce the availability of the Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship for the academic year 2024–2025. This scholarship provides an excellent opportunity for international students interested in pursuing PhD research studies at Monash University, Australia. The scholarship aims to support projects that focus on specific aspects of the Museums Victoria collection or projects jointly supervised by Monash and Museums Victoria.
About Monash University:
Monash University is a leading public research institution located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Established in 1958, it is the second-oldest university in the state and is named after Sir John Monash, a distinguished World War I general. Monash University is renowned for its academic excellence and research contributions and offers a wide range of programs across various disciplines.
Details about the Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship at Monash University:
- Scholarship Sponsors: Monash University and Museums Victoria, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: $5,000 per annum.
- Number of Awards: 2.
- Study Level: PhD.
- Host Institution: Monash University, Australia.
- Eligible Courses: Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) disciplines, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Eligibility Criteria for Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship at Monash University:
- Language Requirement: English.
- General English Language Test Requirements: IELTS (6.5) overall (no band lower than 6.0); TOEFL (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18, & Writing 21; both are required for the General category of the English Language Test.
- IELTS requires a minimum overall score of (7) (no band lower than 6.5), and a score of (94+) for the disciplines of arts, business, and economics. The TOEFL scores for speaking, listening, and writing are all 20.
- All countries are eligible.
- Be enrolled as a new or continuing full-time PhD student at a Monash campus in Australia for Research Quarter 1 (the following year).
- Work on initiatives that either have a significant focus on a specific aspect of the Museums Victoria collection or are jointly supervised by Monash and Museums Victoria.
- Fulfill all course requirements (such as milestones) within the first two years of candidacy.
- Hold qualifications that, in GRC’s opinion, are comparable.
- Have never received a Postgraduate Research Award from Monash or the Australian Government for more than six months.
Required Documents for Application:
Applicants must provide the following documents during the application process:
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic records, degree certificate, or testamur from the awarding institution (including grading scheme).
- Citizenship documentation.
- Evidence of meeting English language proficiency requirements.
- Request to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Application Process for Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship:
To apply for the Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Discuss your research plan with an appropriate Museums Victoria curator.
- Provide both a letter of support from Museums Victoria and a written reference (no longer than one A4 page) from your potential or current supervisors outlining the importance and quality of the project as part of your application.
- Fill out the scholarship application form here.
- Round 1: October 31, 2023.
- Round 2: May 1, 2024.
The Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship at Monash University provides a unique opportunity for scholars to conduct research that contributes to the Museums Victoria collection or involves joint supervision with Museums Victoria experts. Ensure that you meet all eligibility criteria and submit your application by the deadline for consideration. For additional information, please visit the official scholarship page.