About Montana State University and the Scholarship
Montana State University (MSU), located in Bozeman, Montana, is a public land-grant research institution and the largest university in the region. With nine colleges, MSU offers bachelor’s degrees in 60 fields, master’s degrees in 68 fields, and doctoral degrees in 35 fields. As of the autumn of 2019, over 16,700 students were enrolled at MSU, guided by 547 part-time and 796 full-time faculty members. MSU is classified as an “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very High Research Activity” institution and invested $129.6 million in research in 2017.
The MSU Office of International Programs is pleased to offer competitive merit-based scholarships to eligible international undergraduate students who have been fully admitted to Montana State University. These scholarships are awarded based solely on the candidates’ grade point average (GPA). The funds provided can only be used for MSU tuition and are not available to students who are conditionally admitted to take intensive English classes with INTERLINK International Institute.
Details about International Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarships at Montana State University:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Montana State University Office of International Programs
- Scholarship Value: $5,000-$12,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduate
- Host Institution(s): Montana State University
Eligibility Criteria for International Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarships This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities. International students at MSU are automatically considered for scholarships based on their grade point average (GPA) from their high school or college coursework after submitting their application. To be eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarship, applicants must have received full admission to MSU and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
Application Process for International Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarships The application process involves four straightforward steps:
- Complete the Application: You can apply online here. Alternatively, you can download and print a paper application from the International Undergraduate Application Form.
- Pay the Application Fee: There is a $30 application fee for a paper application or a $38 application fee for an online application. Payment should be made in US dollars, payable to Montana State University. There are no application fee waivers, extensions, or refunds. The application fee must be paid before submitting the application. You can make the payment here.
- Submit Your English Proficiency Documentation: You can meet the English proficiency requirements in various ways. For detailed options, please visit the Options for Meeting the English Proficiency Admissions Requirements page. It’s important to note that until a student is fully admitted and meets the English Proficiency Requirement, they will not be eligible for scholarships. If a student is unable to provide documentation of their English language proficiency, conditional admission may be offered, which involves enrolling in the university’s intensive English program before starting the academic program. During the final weeks of Interlink’s sessions, students should contact OIP to request a review of their application to determine scholarship eligibility.
- Submit Your Transcripts: If you are applying as a freshman, send a copy of your high school transcript. If you are applying as a transfer student, include transcripts for all post-secondary coursework you have completed. Both the front and back of your transcripts should be included. If transcripts are not in English, they must be translated into English by a Certified English Translator, in addition to providing the original transcript. While formal transcripts are required before enrolling in MSU courses, unofficial transcripts will be accepted for admission. Unofficial materials, when accepted, can be emailed in scanned form to [email protected]. Official documentation, such as test results and transcripts, should be sent to the following address:
Office of International Programs Attn: International Admissions PO Box 172260 183 Strand Union Building Bozeman, MT 59717 USA
For additional details, you can visit the official website.
Submission Deadline The application deadline for the International Undergraduate Merit-Based Scholarships at Montana State University is November 15, 2023. Applicants are encouraged to check the specific deadlines for their chosen program on the Montana State University website. It’s important to note that candidates for this scholarship must submit their graduate program application by December 1, 2023, or earlier if the school’s standard deadline is sooner.