About the Scholarship:
The Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships for 2023/2024 offer fully funded opportunities for international students pursuing master’s and doctoral degrees. These scholarships are valued at 1350 euros per month and include additional lump sum payments of 100 euros to cover health care subsidies. The initiative is funded by the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt).
Scholarship recipients may also benefit from practical training in areas such as rhetoric, conflict resolution, time management, academic skills enhancement, text and writing workshops, and specialized technique seminars.
- Scholarship Sponsor: Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Scholarship Value: Fully funded
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Masters, PhD
- Host Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- For Masters: The scholarship provides a monthly stipend of 850 euros, along with a lump sum payment of 20 euros. Additionally, up to 86 euros are available for health and nursing insurance.
- For Ph.D.: Ph.D. students receive a monthly scholarship of 1350 euros, which is generally independent of their salary. They also receive lump sum payments of 100 euros to cover additional health care subsidies and research expenses. Scholarship applicants may also receive funding for international travel expenses related to conferences and research.
Note: The organization can finance both German and English language courses.
Eligibility Criteria for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in English is required, along with German language skills at B2 level or higher.
- Applicants from all countries worldwide are eligible, with preference given to individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, women, immigrants, people with disabilities, and those engaged in communal, political, or social causes.
- Master’s degree applicants must submit their applications in either German or English and must be registered at a German university.
- Ph.D. students must be accepted by a German institution and possess either an acceptance letter (Zulassung) or a certificate of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the upcoming semester.
The selection of scholarship recipients is based on the following criteria:
- High academic and professional achievements, including evidence of above-average performance in school and university classes.
- Active engagement in politics and society in alignment with the objectives of the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung.
- Proficiency in the German language at B2 level or higher.
- Personal and family background.
Application Procedure for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship:
To apply for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Use the online application portal to submit your application.
- Register for an account, complete the application, and upload the required documents.
For more detailed information and application instructions, visit the official website.
The application deadline for the Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship is October 1, 2023, for the winter semester, and April 1, 2024, for the summer semester.