About Stanford University and the Scholarship
Stanford University, located in Stanford, California, is a prestigious private research institution known for its rich history and academic excellence. Founded in 1885 by Leland and Jane Stanford in memory of their son, Leland Stanford Jr., the university spans 8,180 acres and is home to over 17,000 students. Stanford is globally renowned for its educational programs and innovative research.
The Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program at Stanford University offers fully-funded scholarships to graduate students from around the world. This program provides a unique opportunity for graduate students to engage in a diverse range of educational experiences while addressing complex global challenges. The program is open to both international and domestic graduate students, and it also welcomes applications from undocumented students residing in the United States.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program aims to foster a collaborative and altruistic culture among graduate students. It seeks individuals with imaginative minds who are interested in understanding global intercultural dynamics and have demonstrated leadership qualities in their previous endeavors.
Stanford University offers scholarships to graduate students across various fields of study, including JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, DMA, and Ph.D. degrees. The scholarship provides financial support, leadership development, and opportunities for scholars to interact with one another, exchange ideas, and participate in cultural experiences at Stanford University’s Dening House.
Details about the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program at Stanford University:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Stanford University
- Scholarship Value: Fully funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Every graduate program, including combined and dual degrees, as well as programs leading to the JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MS, DMA, and Ph.D. degrees, is eligible for the scholarship program.
- Host Institution(s): Stanford University
- Financial support for up to three years, starting upon selection
- Monthly stipend to cover tuition and other expenses
- Living allowance
- Coverage for room and board, books, supplies, local transportation, and personal expenses
- Annual round-trip economy class ticket to and from Stanford
- One-time moving assistance payment
- Additional grant for educational experiences such as conferences and travel
- Summer grant for scholars pursuing summer research projects
Eligibility Criteria for Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program To be eligible for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Graduates from any country, racial group, gender, or age may apply.
- Applicants must be accepted and enrolled full-time in a graduate degree program at Stanford.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must have been earned no earlier than January 2017.
- For US military personnel (active duty or veterans), the degree must have been earned no earlier than January 2015.
- Candidates must exhibit intellectual freedom, intentional leadership, and a civic mindset.
Required Documents for the Scholarship Applicants are required to submit various documents, including essays, short-answer responses, a video story, in-person assessment, online application, transcript, standardized test score, one-page resume, and two recommendation letters.
Application Process for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship Program Candidates must submit separate applications for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship and their chosen graduate program at Stanford University. The online application for the scholarship should be completed in English and include all necessary materials.
Applicants are advised to use an advanced version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while applying. The application can be submitted online through the official website.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
Submission Deadline The deadline to apply for the Knight Hennessy Scholarship is October 11, 2023. However, the Stanford application deadline varies depending on the specific graduate program. Applicants should check their selected program’s website to confirm the KHS application deadline, keeping in mind that KHS candidates must submit their graduate program application by December 1, 2023, or earlier if the school’s usual deadline is sooner.