About Full Sail University and the Scholarship
Full Sail University, a private for-profit institution operated by Full Sail, LLC, is located in Winter Park, Florida. It initially began as Full Sail Productions and Full Sail Center for the Recording Arts, which were recording studios in Ohio. However, in 1980, the institution relocated to Florida, and it expanded to offer online degrees in 2007. Full Sail University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges to grant associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees in fields like business, computer animation, design, and audio.
As of November 2018, the Winter Park Campus had an enrollment of approximately 8,921 students, with an additional 10,250 students taking online classes. Founded by Jon Phelps in Dayton, Ohio, in 1979, Full Sail University initially focused on a curriculum centered on recording arts and audio engineering. It moved to Orlando, Florida, in 1980 and expanded its core recording arts program. In 1989, it relocated to Winter Park, Florida, and received accreditation to award specialized associate degrees in the following year.
Between 1989 and 1991, enrollment doubled as interest in cinema and media studies grew. However, financial issues in 1992 temporarily halted the university’s expansion. Starting in 1995 and extending through 1999, Full Sail began offering associate degrees in fields such as computer animation, digital media, game design and development, show production, and touring, eventually transitioning these programs into complete bachelor’s degree offerings.
The 2023 Full Sail University STEM Scholarship is now open for applications from qualified international students. The scholarship aims to support and nurture future global professionals pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Eligible participants in the STEM Scholarship program may receive up to $5,000 towards the cost of their Full Sail University STEM campus degree program.
Details about Full Sail University STEM Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Full Sail University, USA
- Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Host Institution(s): Full Sail University, USA
Eligibility for Full Sail University STEM Scholarship Interested candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Full Sail University STEM Scholarship:
- Applicants must be non-US citizens or non-permanent residents, as per Full Sail University’s requirements.
- Before the semester begins, candidates must complete the STEM Scholarship application and submit an original 250-word essay titled “How My Full Sail Education Will Prepare Me for a STEM Career.”
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional academic achievement.
- Candidates must be willing to adhere to the university’s student conduct guidelines.
- Candidates must be accepted into their preferred Full Sail University campus degree program and meet the program’s admission criteria.
- Candidates must have applied for one of the immersive STEM campus degree programs in fields such as computer science, cybersecurity, game design, game development, information technology, mobile development, or simulation & visualization.
Application Process for Full Sail University STEM Scholarship To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must first apply to and be accepted into an eligible university program.
The Full Sail Scholarship Committee must receive the STEM Scholarship application and essay well in advance of the requested start date.
Interested candidates can apply for the scholarship by speaking to their admissions representative at 800.226.7625. They can also request more information about the institution’s programs here or complete the online enrollment application here. For additional questions, candidates can call the school at 800.226.7625 or chat with them.
Note: The application deadline is not specified, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply promptly.