About Cornell University and Scholarship
Cornell University, located in Ithaca, New York, is a prestigious private research institution and a member of the Ivy League. Founded in 1865 by Ezra Cornell and Andrew Dickson White, it has a rich history of co-education and non-discrimination based on race or religion. Cornell boasts a diverse student body of over 15,000 undergraduates and 10,000 graduate students from all 50 U.S. states and 119 countries.
The Tata Education and Development Trust sponsors the Tata Scholarship for Cornell University. The primary aim of this scholarship is to alleviate the financial burden on intellectually gifted students who are preparing for promising futures. Indian undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Cornell University Tata Scholarship, which is endowed with $25 million.
Approximately 20 scholarships are awarded to eligible Indian students through the Cornell University Tata Scholarship program. By doing so, the trust ensures that Indian students with outstanding academic records can attend Cornell University regardless of their financial situation. The four-year scheme will see the annual award of the Tata scholarship sum, covering tuition and annual course costs.
The Tata Cornell Scholarship program is available for all undergraduate degree programs at Cornell. Priority will be given to applicants who have been admitted to the following undergraduate degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
The scholarship covers tuition and fees only for B.Arch students for eight semesters. Scholarship funds are not available for dual-degree programs or additional semesters. The partnership between Cornell University and the Tata Trust provides students with a wide range of options to pursue a professional degree program at a reputable institution. Under this fellowship, 20 Indian students are funded annually, ensuring they have the financial resources to complete their four-year undergraduate degree.
Details about Cornell University Tata Scholarship:
Scholarship Sponsor: Tata Education and Development Trust
Scholarship Value: Varies
Number of awards: 20
Study level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Cornell University, USA
Eligibility Criteria for Cornell University Tata Scholarship
To be eligible for the Cornell University Tata Scholarship, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an Indian national or resident.
- Must have graduated from any upper secondary school in India.
- Financial Requirement: Must demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
- Language Ability: Must submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- IELTS: 7.0
- TOEFL-iBT: 100
- Must have received an admission offer from Cornell University for enrollment in any undergraduate program.
- Preference will be given to applicants in the fields of art, engineering, agriculture, applied economics and management, biological and life sciences, and other sciences.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the information and supporting documentation provided during the application process. The following criteria will be considered:
- Academic capabilities
- Family income
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
After applying, candidates should regularly check the portal for results and other relevant announcements, as the list of shortlisted candidates will be posted there. Scholarship recipients will receive funding throughout their undergraduate studies at Cornell.
Application Procedure for Cornell University Tata Scholarship
To complete the application procedure, students must fill out their College Scholarship Service (CSS) profile. By January 2, 2024, students must complete two application forms:
- Tata Scholarship Application for International Students at Cornell University
- Need-based Financial Aid Form
The following information must be included when applying:
- Parental income as well as one’s own
- Assets and earnings of non-custodial parents
- Citizenship papers
- Photocopies of Passports
Address: Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment, 203 Day Hall, Cornell University
Telephone: 607-255-5145; Fax: 607-255-6329
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for Tuesday 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Mailing ID: [email protected]
Counselors Available: Monday to Friday 12 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
You can also visit the official website for further details.
The Application Deadline is: January 02, 2024