About Berea College and Scholarship
Berea College, located in Berea, Kentucky, is a private liberal arts institution. Established in 1855, Berea College is renowned for being the first coeducational and racially diverse institution in the South. The college has a unique approach to education, offering full-tuition scholarships that, after accounting for Pell Grants, other financial aid, and scholarships, are supplemented by a work-study program to cover the remaining tuition costs.
Berea College extends fully-funded undergraduate scholarships to international students. These scholarships provide comprehensive financial support for the first year of enrollment for all eligible international students. This support covers tuition, housing, board, and various other associated expenses, making Berea College the pioneer in providing such comprehensive funding in the United States.
International students from across the globe who aspire to pursue undergraduate studies at Berea College in the upcoming academic year are eligible to apply for Berea College Scholarships. The college has a long-standing tradition of welcoming students from diverse nationalities, religious backgrounds, races, and ethnicities. Admission to Berea College is highly competitive, and applicants must meet specific criteria to be considered.
Details about Berea College Scholarships:
Scholarship Sponsor: Berea College, USA
Scholarship Value: Fully funded
Number of Awards: Not specified
Study Level: Undergraduate
Host Institution(s): Berea College, USA
Courses Offered: Various undergraduate majors including Art, Biology, Computer Science, Business, and Nursing. View the complete list here
- Berea College Scholarship fully covers the first year of enrollment for all international students, including tuition, housing, board, and other associated expenses.
- International students are required to save $1,000 (US) each year in subsequent years to contribute to their expenses, which they can meet by working during the summer.
- Accepted international students are also required to pay a $2,200 (US) enrollment deposit, along with a $50 (US) application fee. This deposit can be used to cover various costs throughout their four-year education. Additional financial assistance is available for students unable to pay the full deposit.
- Through the College’s Work Program, every international student has access to paid on-campus work during the academic year. Students can earn approximately $2,000 in their first year to cover personal expenses.
Eligibility Criteria for Berea College Scholarships
To qualify for Berea College Scholarships, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Eligibility open to students from all countries worldwide.
- Submission of the International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- Submission of an International Personal Essay and Cover Sheet for Essay.
- Submission of original exam results from at least one of the following tests: SAT, ACT, IELTS, or TOEFL.
- Submission of official transcripts from secondary schools.
- Submission of a Financial Situations Personal Statement.
- Submission of the International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- Submission of a Financial Recommendation Form for International Business.
- Submission of two (2) Admission Recommendation Forms, with at least one signed by a current or past instructor.
Application Procedure for Berea College Scholarships
Applicants should follow these steps when applying for Berea College Scholarships:
- Carefully review the eligibility criteria to determine eligibility.
- Initiate the online application form by clicking here.
- Complete the application and gather any required documents.
- Mail the completed application and necessary documents to Berea College Office of Admissions, 209 Chestnut Street, Berea, KY 40403, USA.
For further details, applicants can visit the Berea Admissions website or the official Berea College website.
Application Deadlines: October 15, 2023 (Early Decision) / January 15, 2024 (Regular Decision)