About American Concrete Institute and Scholarship
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is a nonprofit technical society and organization dedicated to the development of concrete standards. Originally known as the National Association of Cement Users (NACU), ACI was established in 1905 during a meeting in Indianapolis. The institute’s headquarters are currently located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. ACI’s mission is to “develop and disseminate knowledge about concrete and its uses that is based on consensus.”
The ACI Foundation Scholarship is open to international students and offers full financial support. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D., and postdoctoral studies. It provides an educational stipend ranging from $10,000 to $15,000 to cover tuition, housing, books, and other educational expenses. The ACI Foundation, a nonprofit organization established by the American Concrete Institute, aims to promote innovation, collaboration, and advancement by funding academic pursuits and awards while also serving as a valuable resource for the concrete industry’s strategic management.
The ACI Foundation Scholarship Council selects scholarship and fellowship recipients based on their essays, supporting materials, and recommendations. Successful applicants demonstrate a strong passion and potential for professional success in their chosen field.
Details about ACI Foundation Scholarship at American Concrete Institute:
- Scholarship Sponsor: American Concrete Institute ACI Foundation, USA
- Scholarship Value: Up to $15,000
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Study Level: Undergraduate, Master, Ph.D., Postdoctoral
- Host Institution(s): American Concrete Institute ACI Foundation, USA
Recipients of the ACI Foundation scholarship or fellowship receive the following benefits:
- An educational stipend ranging from $10,000 to $15,000, which covers tuition, housing, books, and supplies.
- Support for travel and participation in two ACI conventions (fellowship applicants must attend the Spring ACI Convention for interviews; they may opt to receive a Convention Guide at this event).
- Assistance in finding a mentor in their industry.
Eligibility Criteria for ACI Foundation Scholarship:
To be eligible for the ACI Foundation Scholarship at the American Concrete Institute, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Proficiency in the English language. If English is not your first language, you must include a formal declaration attesting to your competence with your application.
- Eligibility is open to individuals from all countries worldwide.
- Fellowship applicants must enroll at a university in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates) during the award year.
- International students may be eligible for ACI Foundation fellowships, but they must enroll in a Canadian or American university during the grant period.
- Some fellowships may require recipients to complete a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2024. Finalists for ACI Foundation fellowships will be interviewed on Sunday, March 27, 2024, during the spring ACI Concrete Convention. Finalists will be notified by February 4, 2024, and the ACI Foundation will cover expenses such as stipends, lodging, registration fees, and flights for the convention.
- English language proficiency is required for all applicants. If English is not your first language, you may optionally include a copy of your TOEFL score with your application.
- The educational stipend is provided to students in two equal payments over a year to cover expenses such as tuition, housing, board, books, student fees, etc. Attendance at scheduled ACI Concrete Conventions within the award cycle is mandatory to receive stipends.
- Recipients of fellowships are required to submit a written report toward the end of their fellowship period, outlining how the fellowship contributed to their personal growth and professional readiness.
Application Process for ACI Foundation Scholarship:
- Log in or register for the ACI Foundation Middle East & North Africa Fellowship here.
- For inquiries, contact [email protected].
- For further details, visit the official ACI Foundation website.
Application Deadline: November 01, 2023