About Adelphi University and the Scholarship
Adelphi University, located in Garden City, New York, offers a unique educational experience and is recognized for its commitment to diversity and inclusivity. The university also boasts a Center for Career and Professional Development that equips students with the tools and guidance needed to prepare for successful careers.
Adelphi University has a presence in various locations, including Manhattan, the Hudson Valley, Suffolk County, and a virtual campus for remote students. Established in 1896, it is Long Island’s oldest higher education institution and has a total student enrollment of 7,859, including undergraduate and graduate students.
One of Adelphi’s distinctive features is its strong international presence, allowing students from nearly 120 different countries to study abroad through partnerships with foreign institutions. The university offers opportunities for students to utilize federal and institutional funds for direct exchanges with Adelphi’s partners. Furthermore, Adelphi faculty-led programs are available in various fields, including theater, art, art history, literature, history, counseling, chemistry, and speech-language pathology, in countries such as Italy, Kenya, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland, England, Jamaica, Kosovo, and Poland.
Over the years, Adelphi University has achieved several milestones, including attaining university status in 1963 and establishing the School of Business in 1964. The Institute for Advanced Psychological Studies was founded in 1966, and the Adult Baccalaureate Learning Experience (ABLE) was introduced in 1973, catering to nontraditional students and now known as the College of Professional and Continuing Studies. The School of Education, formerly known as the Institute for Teaching and Educational Studies, was established in 1984, and the Honors College was founded in 1995.
Adelphi University has been recognized as a “Best Buy” college by the Fiske Guide to Colleges for providing a high-quality education at an affordable cost for the past decade. Additionally, it is a member of the University and College Accountability Network (U-CAN) under the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU). In 2023, the Princeton Review recognized Adelphi University as a “Green College,” acknowledging its commitment to environmental sustainability.
Adelphi University is pleased to introduce the Graduate International Recognition Scholarships for the 2023–2024 academic year, aimed at honoring intellectually exceptional individuals who are seeking to pursue graduate studies in the United States. The primary objective of this program is to support exceptionally talented individuals interested in pursuing graduate studies at an American university.
Details about Graduate International Recognition Scholarships at Adelphi University:
- Scholarship Sponsor: Adelphi University
- Scholarship Value: $1,000 per semester
- Number of awards: Multiple
- Study level: Graduate (Masters, PhD)
- Host Institution(s): Adelphi University
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate International Recognition Scholarships
- Nationality: Open to all nationalities.
- Accepted Subjects or Coursework: Graduate-level coursework in any discipline offered by the institution.
- Eligibility Standards: To qualify for the Graduate International Recognition Scholarships, you must be admitted to a graduate program at Adelphi University as a new graduate student. International students will be considered if they have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.2.
Application Process for Graduate International Recognition Scholarships Interested candidates should follow these steps to be considered for the Graduate International Recognition Scholarships:
- Admission: Submit an admission application to a graduate program at Adelphi University through the official application portal.
- Application Submission: Candidates must then complete the application for admission along with all required documentation.
- Supporting Documents: Ensure you have the following documents ready before starting your application:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and transcripts from post-secondary education.
- Results of any specific standardized examinations (e.g., LSAT for law programs).
- A copy of your passport.
- Your English proficiency exam results.
- Program Requirements: Applicants must meet the entry requirements of the graduate program they have chosen.
- English Language Requirements: Candidates must satisfy all of the university’s English Language Requirements.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2023
Note: The application is currently open, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply before the deadline.