About the Scholarship:
The University of Queensland (UQ), located in Brisbane, Australia, is currently accepting applications for the 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship. This scholarship program is designed to recognize and reward deserving students while acknowledging the contributions and commitment of Senate members to support higher education. The scholarship offers a reduction of $10,000 in residential fees for recipients.
About the University of Queensland:
The University of Queensland is a prestigious Australian public research institution known for its commitment to academic excellence and research contributions. Established in 1909, UQ is one of the oldest and most respected universities in Australia. It consistently ranks highly in international university rankings, and its main campus is located in the St. Lucia suburb of Brisbane. UQ is also a founding member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities and edX, a consortium of leading global universities.
Details about the 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship:
- Scholarship Sponsor: University of Queensland, Australia.
- Scholarship Value: $10,000 (applied as a reduction of residential fees).
- Number of Awards: Varies.
- Study Level: Undergraduate.
- Host Institution: University of Queensland, Australia.
Eligibility Criteria for 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship:
To be eligible for the 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship at the University of Queensland, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Attained a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 89.00.
- Demonstrated significant financial disadvantage by earning the maximum number of points under the “Financial Hardship” category of QTAC’s Educational Access Scheme.
- Be domestic students.
- Be commencing students who have never completed postsecondary education at the bachelor’s degree level or above.
- Plan to reside at an on-campus lodging facility.
Preference will be given to candidates in the following order:
- Students from Australia who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and are the first in their families to enroll in college.
Application Process for 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship:
To apply for the 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship, follow these steps:
- Complete the online application form here.
- Provide your QTAC reference number.
- Submit financial hardship documentation, such as ATO (Australian Taxation Office) and Centrelink statements, household income information, etc.
- Include evidence of regional/rural/remote residency if applicable.
- Specify your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status if relevant.
For guidance on preparing a successful scholarship application, refer to the scholarship tips here.
Once you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive an email confirmation from the university. If you do not receive a confirmation email within two working days, please contact [email protected].
- July 24, 2023
The 33rd UQ Senate Create Change Residential Scholarship offers a valuable opportunity for eligible students to receive financial support toward their residential fees while pursuing undergraduate studies at the University of Queensland. Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and submit your application by the specified deadline to be considered for this scholarship.